JJ turned 5 months old last week!
His current stats are:
25.5 inches long
18.4 lbs
I wanted to wait until the blog went private to share an update with you all.
We were worried JJ would have to go in for surgery and had a doctor's appointment yesterday to discuss it with a specialist.
He has a flat spot on the back of his head and his pedi was worried that his flat spot near his forehead was so small. There were one of two things causing the flat spot...one would require surgery, the other...a helmet and PT.
We met with the specialist yesterday and he confirmed JJ would need PT (NOT SURGERY) and we would have the option to get a helmet. Jeff and I are still discussing this and I will post an update for you all soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness!! How scary for you and Jeff. If you have ANY questions about a helmet, please let me know. Lily was in a helmet as a result of torticollis along with a very mis-shaped head (too squished in the womb with her sister) and it did wonders for her. It can be challenging at times, but I highly recommend it!!
ReplyDeleteYay for no surgery!! We're so glad to hear that!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bethany! I might have some questions as we start with PT. We go in for a helmet fitting next week...I know we will get through this. Jeff just keeps saying that we need Vikings stickers on that helmet and all will be well. :)
ReplyDeleteHemets can work wonders. I have seen them to great things for babies. There is definetly an adjustment period for both parents and baby but once things get settled, baby hardly notices!
ReplyDeleteKeep us all posted on that adoreable baby of yours!