Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Things that go ACHOO in the night

JJ has been a little congested lately. We have a humidifier running in his room and have been using the snot sucker nightly, but the little man just can't shake the sniffles and sneezes.

Last night, he woke up wanting a bottle. I brought one in and he started to suck it down (like 4 oz in 5 min!). I wanted him to slow down, so I got up and changed his diaper and tried to burp him. No luck with the burp...

He finished the rest of the bottle and I tried to burp him again. He was sleeping on my shoulder and I figured he had no burp in him. While I was shifting him from my shoulder to a cradle position, the little man let out a HUGE burp/sneeze...right in my face. I let out a started "OH!" and immediately started to laugh. (It was 2:30 in the morning and the first thing that popped into my head was the scene from Jurassic Park where the dinosaur sneezes on the girl in the tree. That in itself was amusing to me.) I had to contain myself because I didn't want to wake JJ up.

In this shuffle, he also managed to spit up, all down Mommy's pjs. Ahhh, the funny moments no one would know about without this blog. Thanks for letting me share and giggle again while re-telling the story.

Tell me readers, do you have any funny nighttime feeding moments you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. Olivia had been battling a cold around 4 months and was super cranky with it. I FINALLY managed to get her back to sleep with a bottle. I gently laid her back in her crib as not to wake her, when on my way out of her room, I stepped on one of her toys that lights up and makes music. I couldn't get that thing off fast enough. Ryan still makes fun of how fast I moved. ;)

    Oh, the joys of night time parenting!

    ReplyDelete