Things are moving full speed ahead these days. JJ is almost 11 weeks old. I started a new job, life is crazy and it seems like there isn't enough time to get everything done.
But in the early morning hours, when the world is quiet, I have one of the best moments of my day. I get up to feed JJ, change him and rock him back to sleep. There are no distractions, just me and him in our rocker. Usually, when he is drifting off, a huge smile will cross his lips and I know he is happy. So am I.
Last night, I was thinking about how big he is getting and how much he has already changed. He doesn't get "milk drunk" anymore. When he was a little younger and would finish eating, he would arch his back, pucker his lips and put his hand up to his face. Then, he would collapse on my shoulder, ready for me to burp him. I called this phenomenon "milk drunk" and I would know he was full and content and ready to drift off to the land of nod.
I made a mental note last night to record this in my blog, so in a few months, when I am blogging about how JJ can sit up now or how he started solid foods, I will have this memory recorded, always there to remind me of those precious moments he and I would share during his first few weeks of life.
JJ, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a sweet post. It gave me goosebumps!!
ReplyDelete