Jeff must have been reading my mind yesterday because he re-sent me the following email. He sent this email to family and friends a few days after JJ was born. With his permission, I am sharing it with you. It brought tears to my eyes to think about how much has changed in just 13 short weeks! I hope you enjoy the "male perspective" as much as I do:
The greatest day of my life.
Al woke me up at 1:30 am Friday morning with an announcement that her water broke. We got to the hospital around 3:30. From there JJ didn’t arrive until 5:40 pm, what a long day. The greatest words I heard was “it’s a BOY!” I still get a little choked up thinking about that moment. JJ started to scream and he was rushed away by some nice looking nurses (what is it about those outfits). As he screamed and screamed, mother looking over us anxiously (she was a mother now). He weighed 8lb 3oz, and was 21” long
I have not slept since, well almost, I am defiantly getting way more then Al. Al is the perfect mother I knew she would be. Getting up to feed at all hours of the night, holding her breath until she can hear JJ breathing. Grandma told asked me “How does it feel to love something?” She was right, I have never felt love like this before, oh what a feeling.
Attach is a picture of our miracle (in proper gear). See you all soon.
Proud Daddy
Our little football fan!

Oh my gosh, this gave me cold chills!!! I am so glad you have this to treasure for a lifetime!
ReplyDelete