Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Father's blog, a touching story and tears on a Wednesday morning

I love reading other people's blogs...about food...family...life. Here is one I have been following for a while, since before I was pregnant with JJ. It is the blog of a father who's wife died 24 hours after the birth of their first child.

I just revisited the archives section of his blog and cried my eyes out for a good 30minutes. Now that I have a child of my own, it makes his story even more heart wrenching. The courage Matt has to take his grief and turn it into something that helps other people astounds me on a daily basis and I encourage you to stop by his blog and check him out: Matt, Liz and Madeline.

He has also set up a foundation to help others in similar situations. They had a fundraiser last week in MN. Check out more information here: The Liz Logelin Foundation.

Matt and Maddy's story is inspirational. What I like about it the most is his honesty and candor about raising their child alone, how much it sucks that Liz died and how he is coping with it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Matt interviewed a few times and found it to be so touching, but never connected with his blog. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete