Friday, April 23, 2010

Sampsonite...I was way off!



It is funny how if you feel good or life is humming right along,you assume something is wrong or will go wrong soon. I have been so blessed this entire pregnancy and have felt really good the entire time. Of course my mind would logically think: then something will go wrong.

Well, I just got back from my first internal check at the doctor's office. This whole week I was convinced the baby was heads up and that I would not be dilated.

Well....I was WAY off. My doctor informed me the baby's head is down and engaged. I am at 1 cm, with 25% effacement. This was exciting and scary news at the same time. He followed the exam with "Do you have your bags packed yet? If not, I would recommend doing so this weekend!"

I am so thrilled and scared. Little one will be here in a few short weeks. I can't wait. Get ready world, soon a Baby Brausen will enter!

Other stats:

Blood pressure: Still low 110/70
Total weight gain: 26 lbs.
Mama feeling: Good. Sometimes it hurts to walk and I have started that "adorable" pregnancy waddle everyone talks about.

No comments:

Post a Comment