It has been a while since I posted. Life has been busy with work and enjoying our family. JJ has turned one, is walking and teaches me something new everyday.
This evening he taught me a very important lesson...
It was 100 degrees in Minneapolis today. We were letting JJ have naked time before bath when he tooted. His face also started to turn bright red and he was starting to grunt. I looked at him and thought, "He is so going to poop." I ran to his bedroom, grabbed a diaper and got it on him in the nick of time.
Jeff and I were laughing so hard at what could have happened had he been sans diaper. Jeff cleaned JJ up and let him walk out into the living room naked again. I mean, what are the chances that he would poop again, right?!
Jeff started to gather PJs and headed to the bathroom to start his bath. JJ walked over to the chair I was sitting in and BAM! His face turned red...he grunted...then smiled. It happened so fast there was nothing I could do.
There it was...POOP...on my living room floor!!! I called for Jeff, scooped JJ up(who had already stepped in it, of course.) and brought JJ to the bathroom for Jeff, while I cleaned our floors. Thank goodness for hardwood!
Lesson of the day...maybe leave that diaper on a few minutes past the poop, just in case there is another round coming.
I have been singing a Lady Gaga inspired tune tonight, "Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my Poopy face."
Remember, Laughter is to the soul what soap is to the body! Good thing we can laugh about moments like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment